3 aspects to teach you how to quickly put your baby to sleep
By reading this article, you can get the following:
Understand the principles of putting to sleep, grasp the timing of putting to sleep, and implement the process of putting to sleep
I. Principles of putting to sleep
1. Consistent environment: here the environment refers to the physical environment, consistent is to say that before bedtime and sleep environment consistent. It is best to put the baby to sleep in bed. This has two advantages: one is easy for the baby to sleep with the place to sleep, and the second is that the baby wakes up and finds the same place with the sleep baby feel more secure. Therefore, it is necessary to choose a set of crib bedding that the baby likes and sleeps comfortably. The color of the bedding, the pattern can attract the baby.
2. Sleeping time should not exceed 15 minutes (30 minutes at most): Sometimes babies fall asleep for 10 minutes in an hour, so it is better to use the time spent putting them to sleep to increase the amount of activity. If the baby does not show signs of sleep after more than 15 minutes, it means that the baby does not need much sleep.
3. Choose a way to start sleeping according to the signal of sleepiness: You should choose a way to put your baby to sleep according to the level of the signal of sleepiness. There should not be a single way to put your baby to sleep.
4. If one way of putting the baby to sleep does not work, replace or superimpose another one: If the baby gets a lot of auditory stimulation during the day, stop using singing to put the baby to sleep and change it to touching. If it is raining, not enough to go out, the lack of sensory stimulation, the way to sleep can be white noise, to give the baby's auditory needs to meet. How can you tell if the lulling method is working? You can try it for 2-3 minutes to see how your child reacts, whether the crying subsides, whether he or she is calmer and more relaxed than before.
5. The principle of diminution: As a baby with normal sleep development grows older, the ability to self-soothe will increase and the level of soothing by others should gradually decrease.
II. the time to put to sleep
Capture your child's sleepy signals and seize the right time to put him/her to sleep. The success rate is higher if you start to put your baby to sleep when he or she shows signs of sleepiness and enters the process of putting him or her to sleep. Some babies may only take a few dozen seconds from the beginning of the sleepy signal to sleepy, so the mother needs to observe very carefully.
1. signs of sleepiness: dull eyes and drowsiness, fighting eyelids, lack of interest in the surroundings (sensory disengagement), lack of concentration, less activity and less language, less and less sucking, slow reaction, more quiet. (It is not easy for new mothers to accurately capture the signs of sleepiness, so it is a good time to monitor the work and rest to help mothers understand more about their babies and coax them better). 2.
2. how do you know your baby have suffered the time of very sleepy: rubbing eyes, frequent yawning, irritability, jerking, crying.
3. what should you do if your baby are not sleepy now? Reduce sensory stimulation, do not take away from the sleep area Do physical activities to relax the baby's body, such as lying down, passive exercises If you miss this sleep, then you have to put the next sleep 30-60 minutes earlier.
You also can take a Baby soother. Some studies have shown that baby like soft things which can make them feel safe. Now there are a variety of soothing things on the market, soothing towels, soothing sheep, soothing seahorses and so on, when choosing must choose a safe big brand, after all, is in close contact with the baby, perhaps the baby will chew, the choice of material must be attentive.
Tillyou Plush Animal Teething Toys for Babies-Lion which are very safe, and the little lion gives a feeling of energy, warmth.
III. Sleeping process
If your baby has already formed a very precise sleep pattern, you can start the sleep process at regular intervals. If your baby's sleep pattern is still forming (for example, before 1.5 months), you have to catch the sleepy signal to determine when to start the sleep process. The following is the nighttime sleep process. During the day, the process can be reduced to oral cleaning and bathing.
1.5 to 3 months:
4 to 12 months:
Bathing and dressing: A 10-minute warm bath allows baby to relax and calm down; change into comfortable pajamas to create a sense of ritual
Breastfeeding: Don't let your baby sleep with his nipple in his mouth. After making sure your baby is full, your mother should take the initiative to pull out the nipple (you can put your pinky nail down and finger up into your baby's mouth and let your baby suck on your pinky instead of the nipple, so your mother can pull out the nipple)
Play: Stroke, talk softly and chat
Tip: a simple phrase, baby now we are full, to sleep
Oral cleaning: can also be introduced earlier than 4 months to enrich the baby's oral sense of touch and reduce dependence on the nipple